Dental implants are man-made roots that are gently placed where your tooth used to be. There is usually no better way to replace a failed tooth. This new
root can be used as an anchor for a new tooth/teeth or to support a denture.
That can mean getting rid of your loose uncomfortable denture forever or closing an irritating and unsightly gap. They have been used successfully for
over 40 years and today’s implants are the closest thing to a real tooth that you’ll find.
Advantages of Dental Implants
• Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
• Improved comfort: Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
• Easier eating: Ill-fitting dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence.
• Improved self-esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile and new lease of life.
• Improved oral health: Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
• Durability: Implants are very durable and with proper care can last a lifetime.
• Convenience: Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.